Muir of Ord Turnkey Retail Project
We are proud to announce we have secured planning permission for a turnkey construction project in the highland town of Muir of Ord.
This new venture, which is a first for Dickie & Moore Construction will see us build a brand new retail facility and become landlords for a new Coop store. This much needed build will replace the existing ageing store and bringing a larger shop with wider aisles, more parking and a better shopping experience for the local community.
This project will begin in March 2022 with the new store being ready for launch in November 2022 and the construction project team will be working hard to ensure the period when the old store closed and before the new one opens is kept to a minimum. This is an exciting opportunity for D&M Construction and one that only goes to strengthen our relationship with our client and widen our retail experience beyond fit-outs and builds.
We will be keeping you up to date with developments on this project from breaking ground to launching.
- Relocate the existing Co-op store to provide an improved modern facility.
- Remove the old buildings which opens site visibility and relationship to the existing bridge footway.
- Improved building layout efficiency, contained within a smaller footprint.
- Provision of a new building which is energy efficient.
- Promote sustainability by providing full offer convenience shopping facilities in the village centre, within walking distance of most residents and reducing car journeys out-with the village.
- Improved parking, servicing and pedestrian access arrangements
Our Managing Director William Dickie commented –
“This is a first for us in the retail sector and undertaking this venture with the COOP is testament to working so closely with them over the years and we look forward to breaking ground on this project and bringing a great new store to the community of Muir of Ord.”
February 22, 2024New ASDA Express Store, EdgbastonDickie & Moore are delighted to have completed the new ASDA Express Store in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
December 13, 2023Supporting the Lighthouse CharityDickie & Moore have recently become a company supporter of the Lighthouse Charity which provides excellent support and help to all who work in our industry.
October 27, 2023Alan climbs Mount Kilimanjaro for Marie CurieFull demolition / strip out, external fabric improvements and internal fit out to PureGym specification...
September 19, 2023New PureGym in GiffnockFull demolition / strip out, external fabric improvements and internal fit out to PureGym specification...
September 19, 2023Trade Dress for IKEA GlasgowTrade Dress program for IKEA Glasgow...
July 26, 2022New Build Food Convenience StoreNew Build Food Convenience store coming soon.......