Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Dickie & Moore Construction are a 5th generation family company based in East Kilbride that have built up a strong reputation across several sectors of the industry and operate throughout Scotland and North England. We are looking to recruit a passionate, driven Trainee Quantity Surveyor who wants to study part-time whilst working for Dickie and Moore.
You will be part of a dynamic team reporting to a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
About the role
Reporting to the Quantity Surveyor, you will be supporting with the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety. This role will also see you supporting in improving cost efficiency and creating an environment of outperformance, as well as working closely with the project teams liaising with the Value Managers, Project Managers, buyers, schedulers, planners and site managers.
What do we need from you?
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about development and training within a dynamic and evolving company.
- Have an interest in preparing final accounts, cash flow forecasts and collating financial data.
- Excellent IT skills, Communication Skills and a professional attitude.
- A minimum of 2 years experience studying Quantity Surveying or Similar
- Looking to continue their degree part-time whilst working for Dickie and Moore
If you are interested in applying for this role contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01355 590 050